I am a suckler, beef and sheep farmer from Ballinakill, Co Laois. My wife Kay and I farm 130 acres, and we have one son, Tom.
Passionate about the IFA, I firmly believe in farmers’ collective ability and strength to work together and deliver for each other. I will stand up and fight for farmers. I have always worked hard to make a positive impact.
Working together with my strong leadership, IFA will be a powerful voice for farmers and the farming sector. I will proudly communicate the positive social, economic and environmental impact that farming makes to our country across all platforms and to all audiences.
As your President, I will be totally committed and will work to make a real difference and deliver for all farmers. I am asking you for your Number 1 vote for President of the Irish Farmers’ Association.
Francie Gorman in the European Parliament
With over 25 years’ experience in IFA, I have held senior positions at local and national levels.
- Member of Ballinakill IFA branch.
- Laois IFA County Secretary 2008 – 2012.
- National Farm Business Committee 2013 – 2016.
- Laois IFA County Chairperson 2016 – 2019.
- Elected South Leinster Regional Chair in 2020
IFA Presidential candidate Francie Gorman addressing an IFA protest outside the Department of Agriculture offices in Portlaoise, County Laois. Photo Finbarr O’Rourke
As Laois County Chair and Regional Chair, I have lobbied on farmers’ behalf at local, national and European levels. I have provided strong leadership and organised many effective IFA campaigns with the support of members and other officers including:
- Nitrates protest in Kilkenny.
- Meeting on rewetting in Offaly.
- Grain price campaigns with Glanbia.
- Beef price protest and blockade in Dawn Meats.
- Supermarket protest on beef prices.
- Shopping trolley protests on the liquid milk price.
- Two major beef meetings, attended by 400 farmers.
- Supermarket beef blockade.
- Tractor protest to Government buildings.
- Campaign to change Government policy on rights of way.